Office of General Counsel
Welcome to the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Office of General Counsel website. The purpose of this site is to provide information about legal services available to Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, basic information on key legal topics, and links to system websites and other sources of legal and government information.
Our Mission: To provide excellent preventative and responsive legal services in support of the missions of the colleges, universities, and system.
Our Values: Ethics and integrity, judgment, knowledge, and respect.
April 10, 2014 Webinar: Managing Classroom Conflict
- Deferred Action For Undocumented Students FAQ's
- A Message From Chancellor Steven Rosenstone Regarding Reporting Sexual Violence/And Abuse And Neglect of Children and Vulnerable Adults. (12/06/11)
- Questions and Answers About Reporting Sexual Violence And Abuse and Neglect of Children and Vulnerable Adults. (12/06/11)
- MnSCU System Office Records Retention Schedule
- Notice to Students Regarding Possible Impact of Criminal Records. The 2009 legislature required all public and private postsecondary educational institutions within the State of Minnesota to give notice of the potential effects of criminal convictions on future employment. See the August 12, 2009 Memorandum from the Office of General Counsel.
- Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA). Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions (including file sharing). Memo from Scott Goings, Assistant General Counsel, to system Chief Information Officers, dated December 11, 2009.
- "Election Activities on Campus" document authored by the Office of General Counsel.
- Second Thursday: A Webinar Series. Links to these WebEx recordings are posted on the Webinars page.
The purpose of this site is to provide general information only, and nothing on this site should be construed as legal advice. The information provided on this site is not intended to alter or amend official MnSCU policy or procedure.
Links to other websites are provided as a courtesy. They are not intended to nor do they constitute an endorsement of the linked materials by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.